Thursday, April 4, 2013
Top Five Favorite "MAD MEN" Season One (2007) Episodes
Below is a list of my top five favorite Season One episodes of AMC's "MAD MEN":
TOP FIVE FAVORITE "MAD MEN" SEASON ONE (2007) Episodes
1. (1.12) "Nixon vs. Kennedy" - In this superb episode, Sterling-Cooper's employees have an all-night party to watch the results of the 1960 Presidential Election. Also, Pete Campbell discovers that Don Draper's real name is Dick Whitman, who had been officially declared dead during the Korean War.
2. (1.10) "The Long Weekend" - During the Labor Day weekend, Roger Sterling decides to cheer up Don over the loss of a client by arranging a double date with twins. During the date, he suffers a heart attack. Meanwhile, Joan Holloway has a double date with her roommate and two out-of-town businessmen.
3. "5G" - In this poignant episode, Don receives an unwelcome visitor in the form of his half-brother, Adam Whitman, whom he had not seen since the Korean War. And when Ken Cosgrove gets his short story published in the , a jealous Pete asks wife Trudy to convince an old boyfriend to publish his story.
4. (1.01) "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" - The series' pilot episode introduces Manhattan advertisement executive Don Draper and his co-workers at the Sterling-Cooper agency, as he struggles to maintain Lucky Strike as a client for the agency.
5. (1.09) "Shoot" - A larger ad agency tries to lure Don from Sterling-Cooper, by hiring wife Betty Draper for a modeling job. Meanwhile, Pete devises a strategy to help the Nixon campaign.